Thursday, September 27, 2012

Here's the deal......



So here’s the deal. Last November I found myself at what may have been the lowest point of my entire life. I was being deeply affected by a problem that somebody I cared deeply for had going on in their life. I wasn’t satisfied with where I was in my own life and I felt like everything at the time was out of control (which ultimately is a mirage anyway). My most important relationship at the time was in great danger, I had lost interest in one of my passions (music with my band) and I seriously was going into some deep “fight or flight “mode.

I had considered therapy but I knew “for me” that I was so tired of talking about the past and rehashing things that could not be changed or controlled. I needed to find some peace, emotional peace, spiritual peace and be physically rejuvenated. So I did what a lot of us do when we have issues we want to change or learn about, I turned to our friend “Google”.

At this point I was introduced to the term “Life Coaching”. I liked this concept because it focused on “forward thinking”, developing plans for the goals I had and having a coach to help me get to where I wanted to go in “my life”. I met an incredible man here in Pueblo Co. (message me for info) that seriously helped me to change the way I was thinking and processing any challenge or issue that not only was going on at the time but also challenges that were to come in the months ahead.

One of the things that bothered me the most was although I was grateful for the career I had/have in construction there still was a huge void that I had tried to fill with so many other things, similar to forcing the wrong puzzle piece into a space. I thought back to when in my life I had felt fulfilled and the most satisfied. I realized it was when I was in the ministry. I knew it wasn’t because of my beliefs or my faith so much but because I loved to help people and serve. I loved to listen to people and watch them discover solutions and realize goals that were best for them.

Last April some of the challenges were still there because I had allowed them to be, I hadn’t fully committed to taking control of myself and my own life up to that point. I soon realized what was missing, it was “purpose”. I knew if I didn’t determine what my purpose in life was I would never be able to fill the void that I had felt. I knew deep down what this purpose was, it was clear.
I realized that having a “Coach” in my life was one of the biggest turning points in my existence. I knew I loved serving and helping others and a plan and dream was born. 

So I made a bold move with not a lot of extra cash on hand and I purchased a “Life Coach Training Course” from a credible coach training organization and I decided that even if it never becomes a full time career I needed to do this not only for myself but also for others that are stuck in a rut of unfulfilled plans and dreams just as I was.

Saying all of that to say this, Coaching is not about the coach but about the coachee, meaning that even though coaches (especially this one) have had their share of mistakes and or challenges in their own lives, the coachee will determine what changes and goals there are to make their lives the best they can be. You know what you want and ultimately you know how to get there. My job is to through powerful dialogue help you to determine how to get around the roadblocks that prevent us all from getting to our “best life”. 

I don’t have all of the answers, not even close. But you do if you really think about it, you already know what you want and what it will take to get there. So let’s collaborate and put together a plan to get you on your way. Remember it’s my job to work my way out of a job with clients!

Thanks for reading!

e-

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Ernie - very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy, checked out your blog also, stay the course man, you can do it!

      Delete